Perek Shirah - Wind Says

Saturday, February 13, 2016 · Posted in ,

רוּחַ אוֹמֵר - Wind Says:
Yeshayahu 43:6
 אֹמַר לַצָּפוֹן תֵּנִי וּלְתֵימָן אַל-תִּכְלָאִי הָבִיאִי בָנַי מֵרָחוֹק וּבְנוֹתַי מִקְצֵה הָאָרֶץ
omar latzafon teni uleteiman al-tichlai havii vanai merachok uvenotai miktze haaretz
I shall say to the North, "Give forth!" and to the South, "Hold not back!" 
Bring back My children from afar, My daughters from the ends of the earth!

Fear not that you may lose your status due to the exile, for I shall gather you from all over the earth.  I shall bring back the lost Ten Tribes exiled to the East, and the Judeans exiled to the West.

I will bring back not only those who are distant geographically, at the "ends of the earth," but also those who are distant spiritually, "from afar."  Those who were forced to abandon Jewish practice but kept it secretly in their homes, and even those who had only kept the faith in their hearts.

When G-d spoke to the prophet about the return of the exiles, He said: “…bring My sons from afar, and My daughters from the ends of the earth” (Yeshayahu 43:6). According to our Sages (Menachot 110a), “My sons” refers to the exiles in Babylonia, who were like sons, since their minds were settled and composed, while “My daughters” refers to the exiles in other countries, who were like daughters, since their minds were not settled and composed. 

Leave a Reply

....